DOING WELL OKLAHOMA
OKC Metro Among Top 10 Nationally in Economic Growth
YOU ARE DOING WELL OKLAHOMA! OKC
Metro Among Top 10 Nationally in Economic Growth.
Every morninig I grab a cup of coffee and retreat to my office for ‘peace & quiet’. It is still dark, d-o-g-s are asleep, noone is calling … so I read and check what’s going on.
This morning I read about our state and I thought about sharing THE GOOD NEWS with you. I am really tired about doom and gloom being relentlessly hammered upon us on daily basis.
We are DOING WELL OKLAHOMA!
Yes, indeed. Our investments from previous years are paying off. The article I am referring to is: Oklahoma City metro ranks 6th in national economic growth, Brookings report finds.
THAT IS A DARN GOOD FEELING TO LEARN (my condensed version):
- OKC Metro is ranked as a 6th in the nation and 71st in the world in economic growth – it is impressive that we are compared with other cities in the world
- Oklahoma has recovered from the major recession
- Oklahoma has outperformed US on employment growth and has nation’s lowest unemployment rate
- Oklahoma is expecting solid growth – 2013 projection is 2.3%
- Oklahoma strong suits in helping the economy grow: energy, professional services and retail trade
What good will I read about tomorrow? Hmmmm …
PS.Picture courtesy of Cooper Ross of Insight Visual Media