You probably agree with me that the laundry is a nuisance and a chore. But it needs to be done!
How to Clean Your Front-Loading Washing Machine
The other day I loaded my washing machine full of dirty stuff … pressed a button and closed the laundry door behind me and forgot about it. Later on, however, I recalled that I have to get back and ugghhh start folding that stuff.
Well, well … oops! part of my floor was covered with suds! So here I go … great … amused … NOT!
Scratched my head, said a few words and … it was a decision making time. Live it like that and forget it or bite the bullet and go to action. Number two was the only choice which made any sense, so … I looked for stuff which might have clogged it, checked the seals etc. Found a few pieces of loose change and everything else looked to be fine. But I decided to give it a full summer cleaning! It was due for a thorough cleaning for sure!
So after all of that was done my washing machine runs perfectly!
If you run into a similar problem or just want to do some preventive cleaning .. here it goes:
Front-loading washing machines are energy efficient and use less detergent than top-loaders, but they sometimes have a tendency to harbor mold and unpleasant smells. By giving your washing machine a quick clean once a month, you’ll keep your front-loader fresh, which means cleaner clothes, too. This eco-friendly method doesn’t use bleach, costs only pennies to make, and comes together with ingredients you already have on hand.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- Scrub sponge
- Start by mixing together the baking soda and water in a small bowl. This is going to be the “detergent” for cleaning the washing machine. Pour the vinegar into a measuring cup and head over to your washing machine.
- Add the baking soda mixture to the detergent container of your machine and pour the vinegar into the drum. Set your washer to normal load at the hottest water setting. Close the door and start the machine, letting it do all the hard work for you. The baking soda and vinegar naturally break up mineral deposits and any mold growth while cleaning and refreshing your washing machine
- Use a clean scrubber to rub around the opening of the washing machine, removing stubborn mold or residue. Wipe clean with fresh water.
- Your washing machine is sparkling clean and ready to do a load of laundry! Give your front-loader a cleaning once a month to keep your clothes smelling fresh and your machine working in tip-top condition.
- Now your washing machine is happy again!
And there you have it, my Dear Reader, How to Clean Your Front-Loading Washing Machine. Hope your washing machine will stay ‘happy’ … 😉
They serve Oklahoma and OKC Metro: Yukon, Mustang, Bethany, Piedmont, Tuttle, Blanchard, Newcastle, Edmond, Oklahoma City, Moore and Midwest City.
You may contact Bo:
Whether you plan to buy, sell or relocate to our beautiful State of Oklahoma we are here to offer professional service and consultation.
Visit our website:
Blog -Live & Love OKC! (LiveAndLoveOKC.com)
Latest posts by Bo Kociuba (see all)
- MORTGAGE RATES FOR THIS WEEKEND-JUNE 30 - June 30, 2017
- OKC’S MAPS 3 NEW PARK NAME IS … SCISSORTAIL PARK - June 29, 2017
- 2017 PASEO ARTS FESTIVAL – celebrate art in Oklahoma - May 25, 2017